Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Catching Up!

I can't believe the last time I posted cupcakes was in August. I'm obviously not very consistent. I haven't made that many cupcakes either.  I have made a few, but they were plain with out any decorations. For the first picture, I iced the cupcakes with blue icing and then used toppers that I made. I didn't know how to decorate the cupcakes for a boy baby shower, so I made toppers using a Cricut and spelled out his name 'Benjamin.' I think it took longer to make the toppers than the cupcakes.

The next picture are some cupcakes I made for my mother-in-law's best friend's daughter's (are you confused?) baby shower. She is doing an owl theme for the nursery. I found this idea on the internet (maybe pinterest, I can't remember). When I first started making the owls I thought they looked really cute and they looked like the picture, but then as I made a bunch I thought they started looking like cats instead. Maybe they need to be a little larger. The owls are made out of fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment